- Roll the Katamari in any direction using the multi-touch screen or dual analog sticks of the PS Vita, and use the rear touch pad to stretch or squeeze the Katamari into a narrow space to gather more objects.
- Collect candy and use them as money to buy items for the King, get extra music tracks and unlock new game modes.
- Playable once a day, replay one of the missions to get your hands on loads of extra candy.
- Leaderboards rank players according to the amount of candy they earned in the previous three week period.
- With the "near" virtual communication system for PS Vita, exchange information with other players and receive "Buddy Requests." Try to beat other players? top scores and earn extra candy.